Sunday, December 30, 2007

a fresh awakening

here i am... 0830h sydney time, 0430h singapore time. back from a morning run around my aunt's neighbourhood. i guess it's the first time i WILLINGLY woke up so early for weeks, not taking into account days for my Cambodia expedition where reveille timing of 0700 were the norm. these few days that i've spent at australia were really carefree... and cash free too (nothing beats holidays that are hosted by your relatives =))

for the large part of my time in Australia (sounds kinda long but it's only been a week ha) so far, the pace of life has really gone a notch down, vis-a-vis that of mine in Singapore. and it's summer and daylight saving here so i can indulge in literally, "daydreaming" or euphemistically speaking, "pondering over weighty life issues" or yet in a very common lingo for my Cambodia expedition - "emo-ing"=p


and when you talk about the state of "emo-ing", somehow this time for my trip in Australia, it took an interesting turn for me. previously in Cambodia I was the "emo-er", now over at Australia, one of my cousin took over the title and somehow i've become like Darren (oops, luckily he won't read this) - sort of flamboyant, boisterous and pesky =p. and it's interesting to really look at this "mirror" (although i wasn't really emo to that kinda extent) and realise how distant and withdrawn i was at times. not that it was by circumstances but rather, it was by choice that i chose to have more "me-time" and then what came to my mind was what a guy from Samaritan's Purse, David Fisher said about having multiple functions in life i.e. he was a consultant to help the needy at Cambodia, father in the UK and etc. you get the drift. so i thought i should learn to be more flexible at times and not be restricted to my narrow mental confines.

continuing from where i left off from... i'm back from sydney opera house and shopping at paddy's market. now enjoying a bottle of carlton cold beer and surfing the net. life's great when you're not lugging any baggage of any sort...

shouldn't it always be so?

No comments: