Friday, June 23, 2006

gas

this week is post pass out week. well, it's definitely a whole new ball game when im no more a trainee! haha.. moved to our seniors bunks and it's well-equipped, shant post it here lest i get flamed.

well today, my 3 days Basical Biological Chemical Defence Training (BBCDT) culminated with our gas chamber test at a facility near sispec. so we had to donned the whole set of equipment including the coveralls, slacks, mask and inner/outer gloves. prior to stepping into the chamber, i had this morbid feeling or rather emotional connection. i somehow could feel what the victims of the holocaust experienced. in the chamber, we did some exercises that were meant to "stretch" our gear and well... test whether our gas mask was working well. we then carried out our canister changing drill while holding our breath and keeping our eyes shut (gasp)

fortunately, i completed the drill without any hiccups. the bad thing was sweating like a piggg under the sweltering heat because of the layers of clothes. the worse thing was i breathe in a few breaths of the CS gas. the worst thing was being in the chamber actually creates a claustrophic environment. now i could really empathise.

the test ended with me taking out my mask and reading aloud my nric, rank and name to my instructor with my eyes opened. then i staggered my way through. wahhh the stinging feeling is damn intense! as if dipping your face into mala huo guo (steamboat) filled with chili padi and getting sprinkled with pepper powder. the instructors said my facial expressions were very classic and told me not to make monkey faces if not they will take a photo of me -___-

nevertheless, this is one hell of an experience in my 2 years stint before i yell 'ORD LO'

No comments: